Thursday 26 September 2019

Minor-attraction and Christianity

Don't worry, I'm going to write a long sermon and try to convert you if you're not Christian. Nor am I going to bore you all with the story of how I came to become one.

What I am doing is wondering what other people's definition of "Christian" actually is and what they think the word means. 

I've previously had people tell me "You're not a Christian", without giving any explanation. Well, yes I am; deal with it. Recently someone on Twitter said my handle there "contains two mortal sins". Since my Twitter handle contains two words and one of them is my name, I would posit that my complainant can't count. 

The other word, of course is "Boylover". Now, this is a description, and to sin requires action. Loving boys (and, indeed, everyone) is not a specific action, it is an attitude, a concept used in day-to-day life. For that matter, loving boys is not mentioned anywhere in Scripture as being sinful. "Love you neighbour as yourself" doesn't, of course, exclude anyone of any age or gender. Nor, of course, does love include fornication, and particularly not with children.

I think my responder's attitude is just an extension of the pseudo-religious homophobia displayed by some fundamentalist God-groupie. "There is no such thing as a gay Christian" they say, completely ignoring the fact that there are in fact millions, all over the world. "They need to repent" they say, demonstrating that they don't know what homosexuality - or paedophilia - actually means. 

By claiming I'm not a Christian, or that I can't be, they are actually trying to create a form of Christianity that only consists of people they like. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Anyone who accepts Jesus - no ifs, buts or maybes - is a Christian, and I'm not going to give up my Faith just because some people don't want me to have it. 

If you are one of those people, perhaps it's you who should consider if your faith is quite all you think? John 13:24 "Love one another as I have loved you". John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments". Matthew 5:44 "Love your enemies" - though I am not your enemy, even if you want to be mine. I forgive you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I consider my life as a boy lover bringing me so much closer to God. We are created in the image of God and this is especially true when you consider the physical and spiritual form of young boys. I never really noticed the beauty of young boys until much later in life and I feel as if I missed out on so much that would have benefited me and it was all a blessing from God a gift from him that through the miraculous beauty of young boys I began to understand this tremendous gift of mercy and Grace the Lord has given me. When all the superstition taboo and prejudice against boy lovers is removed from our perceptions we see God more clearly in that his image is more obvious in young boys than any other human form. That doesn't mean I want to rape a young boy or physically assault him or sexually abusing him. What that means is when you consider the divine spiritual blessing young boys are in our lives as boy lovers there's no other way to understand the Lord except that he has created something so beautiful and boys you realize his image and how God appears to us in his light as understanding and Truth. I don't remember the exact Gospel of the Lord but he said what you do to them you also do to me meaning however you treat young boys and if you love them or harm them God will experience your actions directly and you will have to atone for this to him in the judgment at the end of time. Never in my life have I considered myself as spiritually fulfilled gifted and blessed as I do now once I allowed myself to accept my total being as a boy lover not in the form of sexuality but in the spiritual understanding of God's miracles in our world. If only I had known this most of my life early on it would have been such an immensely rewarding journey and I would have learned so much more. It's a shame we live in such a brutal judgmental society that always needs scapegoats. So many men in this world have gone through life empty bitter angry and sad never having known the true love of a boy is also God's love for all of us ��